You are here:
|Sender ID Not Displayed|
I have specified a sender id to be used, however it does not appear on the message.
MemberSMS (version 184.108.40.206) allows you to force a sender id should you require this feature. Older releases only allowed you to request a sender id.
Requesting a sender ID vs forcing a sender ID
To request a sender id, simply set your sender id in the 'Options' tab of the application. To force a sender id, specify the sender id and also select the 'force sender id' option.
Requesting a sender id:
- If a lowest-cost route supports sender id, the sender id will be used.
- If a lowest-cost route does not support id, the message will be sent without a custom sender id.
Forcing a sender id:
- If a lowest cost route supports the sender id, the sender id will be used.
- If a lowest-cost route does not support the sender id, the message will be sent via a more expensive route.
- If no route supports sender id, the message will be stopped with a 'routing error'.
It is important to realise that some mobile networks do not allow the sending of custom sender IDs and the sender ID will not be transmitted in any event.
If this does not solve the problem you experience, or if you experience a problem during any of these steps, please contact our Support Team.