You are here:
|Proxy And Firewall Connections|
How do I configure the proxy settings in MemberSMS?
I cannot register - I have a firewall.
MemberSMS communicates via a protocal called HTTP with the MemberSMS gateway over the internet. Depending on your network, your network administrator may need to give you proxy settings to allow this communication over the internet from MemberSMS.
If this is the case, one of the 4 available connection settings need to be set to allow communication. Your network administrator should advise which settings to use for your network. Below is a brief description of each option:
1. Directly connect to internet: Select this option if you use a broadband or dial-up connection directly connected to the Internet.
2. Proxy config from registry: Select this option if you connect to the internet through a LAN.
3. Proxy confirm from registry, no scripts: Select this option if you connect to the internet through a LAN, but do not want to run automated scripts.
4. User Proxy List: Enables you to specify a proxy server.
Proxy server or IP: Proxy address - to be supplied by your network administrator.
Port: Port number - to be supplied by your network administrator.
Where do I set these connection settings?
1) Right-click on the MemberSMS icon in the system tray.
2) Select 'Proxy settings'.
You will then be able to configure your connection settings. These settings can also be accessed from within the 'Options' tab after logging in.
If these settings are not set, MemberSMS-will use the settings that your computer uses to connect to the Internet, which will allow most users to connect seamlessly.
If this does not solve the problem you experience, or if you experience a problem during any of these steps, please contact our Support Team.